Sony Xperia 5 Flagship smartphone launched
Sony has launched the Xperia 5 Flagship killer to tackle the Samsung Galaxy S10 series and Note 10 series. Black, blue, red, and grey color variants are revealed for this phone. A single variant is launched for this phone and the price of this variant is 699 Euros, which gets around $869 for the USA or ₹65,000 for India.
The frames are made of Aluminum and Corning Gorilla Glass 6 is used on the front and rear side of this flagship. The single and dual-Sim variants are revealed for this phone and dual-Sim variant comes with the Hybrid Sim slot and there is no slot to put the memory card in the Single Sim variant.
This is an IP 68 Certified phone, which is a specialty. This is a Water-proof phone. There is no 3.5mm jack but this supports of Dolby Atmos sound technology. The USB Type-C is used at the bottom side and the fingerprint sensor is placed on the corner. The battery size is below the average and it has a 3,140 mAh battery with just 18W quick-charging.
- 6.1 inches FHD+ display without the bezels, 1080×2560 Pixel resolution, 21:9 cinema-wide aspect ratio, OLED display panel, Corning Gorilla Glass 6, 449 PPi, Triluminos display, HDR10 Support, X-reality engine
- Android 9 Pie
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Octa-core processor with 2.84 GHz max clock speed
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 6 GB RAM and 128 GB storage, Expandable up to 512 GB via second Sim slot
- 12+12+12 MP rear camera sensors, 12 MP main sensor with f/1.6, PDAF technology, OIS, Dual-Pixel, 1.4um pixel size,
- second 12 MP Telephoto sensor with f/2.4 and OIS, 2x Optical Zoom
- 12 MP Ultra-wide sensor with f/2.6 (16mm lens)
- 4K videos, 1080P videos at 60 FPS, 720P videos at 960 FPS
- 8 MP front wide-sensor with f/2.0
- 1080P videos with EIS
Sony Xperia 5 full specs and features
This phone has a 6.1 inches FHD+ Cinema-wide display, which is getting popular because of a new trend. The OLED display panel is used in this phone for the best colors, saturation, and viewing angles. The display resolution is 1080×2560 and the pixel density is 449 PPi.The aspect ratio is 21:9, which will give you longer display than the other phones. The X-reality engine is used in this phone’s display for the best color and saturation levels. This is a Triluminos display with HDR 10 support.
The phone runs on the Android 9 Pie and there is nothing revealed about any future Android update for this flagship. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Octa-core processor is used in this phone with the max clock speed of 2.84 GHz clock speed. Adreno 640 GPU is used in this phone for the heaviest gaming performance. Internal storage is 128 GB and RAM is 6 GB.
Triple-camera setup is used on the rear side and it comes with 12+12+!2 MP camera sensors. The 12 MP is the main sensor and it comes with f/1.6 aperture, the same sensor comes with OIS and dual-pixel technology, the pixel size of each photo is 1.4um. The second 12 MP sensor is an ultra-wide sensor with f/2.4 aperture. Third 12 MP sensor is telephoto sensor up to 2x optical zoom. The phone is capable to record 4K videos at 30 FPS and Super slow-motion 720P videos at 960 FPS. The front sensor is only 8 MP with f/2.0.
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G launched with the flagship specs and features
- Oppo R17 Pro launched under as the premium smartphone
- Do you know everything about the Samsung Exynos 9820 SoC?
- Do you know about the world’s first Quad-camera setup phone?
- Which is the worse phone under $500?
Sony Xperia 5: The final verdict
Sony was my favorite company but these days, this company trying to making us fool. This phone has a really good display and this display justifies the pricing. The processors are good and cameras are decent but Sony smartphones are waste without the 3.5mm jack and what’s the point of using 8 MP front sensor? This phone is not good for the pricing and I am giving the kick to this phone because this is damn overpriced!