Xiaomi Redmi 8A budget smartphone launched in India as the Redmi 7A Upgrade. There is no 3.5mm jack but this has a face-unlock feature. This phone is Splash resistant (P2i), which will secure this phone with splashes. You can use two Sim cards with a dedicated memory card slot.
You won’t believe but, the front side is protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass 5, but the rear side is made of the plastic. The USB Type-C is used at the bottom side. This phone has a 5,000 mAh battery with the 18W quick-charging but only 10W charger comes under the box.
This phone comes in black, red, and blue color variants. The first variant is launched with the 2 GB RAM and 32 GB storage and the price of this variant is ₹6,499, which gets around $92. Another variant comes with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB storage and the price of this variant is ₹6,999, which goes around $99 for the USA.
- 6.2 Inches HD+ display, IPS LCD display panel, 19:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, 271 PPi, 2.5D curved Glass
- Android 9 Pie with MIUI 10
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 Octa-core processor with 1.95 GHz max clock speed
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 32 GB Storage and 2/3 GB RAM
- 512 GB Expandable memory via dedicated memory card slot
- 12 MP main camera sensor with f/1.9 aperture, Sony IMX 363 Sensor, 1.4um pixel size, dual-pixel PDAF technology
- 1080P video recording at 30 FPS
- 8 MP front camera with f/2.0
Xiaomi Redmi 8A Full specifications and features in detail
This phone has a 6.2 inches HD+ display and the display looks good for the pricing. This display has a resolution of 720×1520 Pixels and the pixel density is 271 PPi. This display is protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and 2.5D curved Glass. The aspect ratio is 19:9.
This phone runs on the Android 9 Pie with MIUI 10. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 Octa-core processor is used in this phone, which comes with 1.95 GHz max clock speed. For the gaming, Adreno 505 GPU is used. I have already told you about the RAM and storage variants and you can expand this phone’s memory up to 512 GB via memory card slot.
You will get a single camera setup on the rear side but this looks much better than the other phone’s dual-camera setup. The 12 MP sensor is given by the company on the rear side and it is a Sony IMX 363 Camera sensor, which is impressive.
The main sensor has an aperture size of f/1.9. You won’t believe but this sensor has a dual-pixel PDAF sensor technology, which is really impressive. This sensor is capable to record 1080P videos also with 30 FPS. An 8 MP front camera sensor will capture your selfies and video-callings with f/2.0 aperture.
- Moto Razr 2019 Foldable phone is coming soon
- Do you know about the Vivo Z3x?
- How can you use LandLine number on WhatsApp?
- Is New Xolo ZX good to be considered?
- Everything about the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G Processor!
Is this really an upgrade of Redmi 7A? Should you consider it?
This phone has a decent size display and this won’t make trouble for you. You will love this display’s colors and contrast levels. The Corning Gorilla Glass 5 is a plus point and this is an impressive step by the Xiaomi. This 12nm processor is decent at this price and this will handle most of the tasks.
The front camera is good but the rear camera with dual-Pixel PDAF is definitely impressive. I am impressed by this phone and after, Redmi 5A, this phone impressed me this much in the budget pricing. I am giving the pick to this one and you can consider this phone at this pricing for the decent display, decent processor, and a good camera.